10-POINT GOALS OF THE COMMISSION
A. Policy Advocacy
1. To advocate for coherent, coordinated and clear development policies to be mainstreamed in the policy-making process of government: on international migration, its cost-benefit implications and the need for both national and local governments to maximize migration's gains while minimizing its socio-economic costs, that while international migration is a reality, government must create an environment that would make migration an option rather than a matter of necessity and that the government's primary responsibility remains focused on sustainable, integrated, equitable, nation-wide development taking into consideration the country's economic, political and social structural problems and issues especially in relation to employment, poverty alleviation, equitable distribution of wealth and the benefit of development and improvement of all its citizens' quality of life.
2. To support and strengthen a favorable rights-based policy environment for the promotion and protection of rights, welfare and status of overseas Filipinos; to assist in the formulation and implementation of policies and programs relevant to their rights, welfare and status.
B. Socio-economic Development
3. To develop and implement, in coordination with and with the support of other government agencies, a streamlined and facilitative entry and directional process for "development assistance" in the form of resources, knowledge, skills and technology from Filipinos overseas, that will be strategic and responsive to existing development issues and needs of the country and will optimize the assistance's development potentials.
4. To provide mechanisms for various stakeholders to coordinate, forge partnerships, upscale and leverage diaspora funds (e.g. remittances and savings) and investments, broaden donors' and investors' base and replicate best practices especially in financial literacy, microfinance and social enterprises, in order to make these funds more effective tools for the country's development and economic growth.
C. Integration and Reintegration
5. To assist in the integration of migrating Filipinos in their host countries by educating them on the realities of international migration, preparing them to meet the practical, cultural and psychological challenges attendant to migration and providing them other services as may be developed and needed, mindful of the social costs of migration to the overseas Filipinos themselves (especially for the women who are most vulnerable to abuse, discrimination and exploitation), to the families (especially the children) they have left behind and to their local communities.
6. To assist in the productive and seamless re-integration of returning overseas Filipinos and their families in the country, recommending policies, programs and measures to transform brain drain to brain gain, to enhance the returnees' earning capabilities and for better incentives' package for overseas Filipinos to return, to retire and to invest.
D. Culture and Education
7. To ensure that Filipinos overseas remain rooted in their Filipino culture by developing, implementing, promoting and coordinating with other institutions, global awareness and appreciation of Filipino language, culture and heritage.
E. Institutional development and organizational strengthening
8. To promote the leading role of CFO on the formulation of policies and in addressing key issues on migration and development
9. To improve and enhance CFO's institutional capabilities for lobbying and advocacy for policy-setting, formulation and reform; in coordinating and building consensus with all migration-related government agencies on issues/policies/programs of major concern and critical to overseas Filipinos; and mobilizing stakeholders in the migration and development sector, especially for regular multi-stakeholder consultations and collaboration.
10. To provide accurate, timely and comprehensive data on international migration of Filipinos through linkages with government agencies and other stakeholders essential for policy formulation and protection of overseas Filipinos.